Friday, September 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Bree

Twenty eight years ago today, I gave birth to our youngest daughter, Bree. It is absolutely amazing to me how fast time goes. It really does seem like just yesterday that she was running around looking much like Maddy does now. Where does the time go?

I have so many memories from the past 28 years...crawling full speed and then stopping for no apparent reason to just roll over and look up at the ceiling...blonde curly hair flying in the wind at the beach..the nickname Breezy really fit..sharing "orngins"(oranges) with her Orngin Gampa(my Dad)...didn't want to go to pre-school cuz she didn't want to be away from me...dancing with her sister and singing to "Jesus Was Born Today" at Christmas...always being the tallest one in her class...picking flowers in the outfield of her t-ball games...playing the violin..gave me a surprise Birthday party with just her as the guest..more little league games than I can count..."Mom, I heard God's voice"...kept tabs on her big sister...All Star softball teams in the summers...not wanting to turn 10 years old(??!!)...Canyon Park Jr.High:softball, basketball and yes, soccer(UGH!!)..playing Alliance basketball with a fabulous group of girls and Mr. D as her coach..going to State in her soph year at Bothell for basketball and breaking her wrist taking a charge...crashing my car through the Suntana front window...playing Reign softball..getting baptized..more basketball at Bothell...Nick...valedictorian of the class of 2000 at Bothell...her dorm room was the exact dorm room I had when I met Al...playing 1 college softball tourney-did great and then quit..whipped cream bikini contest winner..(don't ask..)...meeting and falling in love with Jeremy...their wedding...presidents medallion winner and loads of other honors at CWU..John Doe/John Deere!..going through graduation TWICE at Central(don't even ask...) working at Quadrant..day after Thanksgiving Day shopping with her sister.. giving birth to 2 of the most beautiful girls on the planet...

Happy birthday Bree, I'm looking forward to the NEXT 28 years of memories. I love you so much and am so very proud and blessed to be your Mother. You are an amazing woman .

No comments:

Post a Comment