Sunday, November 1, 2009

God's Timing...

It's been such a long time since I posted...I've been getting several comments about needing to post again-so, here we go ...

The most exciting thing that has happened since I last posted was the baptism of BOTH of my parents! Two weeks ago, both Mom and Dad joined the Pathways dive team and it was a glorious day.

Here's why I titled my post God's Timing...well, because it was. You see, I was baptized over 30 years ago and I started praying for my entire family at that very moment. I have prayed consistently for most of the past 30 years that they would come to have a personal relationship with Jesus. I didn't give up those prayers until a few years ago...I wasn't seeing any progress in that area and figured that I could use my prayers for something or someone different. I was getting frustrated with God on so many levels..why wasn't he answering me?-was I not doing all that I should?..how long does one have to wait to have an answer to prayer?
Sooooo, I just stopped praying for them...what do you know, God reached down and just slapped me up side the head and let me know that HE was in control of the situation and not me! My parents started attending Pathways on February 15th of this year, and havent' left yet!! They are growing in their relationship with Jesus and it is so awesome to see. It has been such a blessing to me to have Mom and Dad with us every Sunday..we have 4 generations attending Pathways! It warms my heart to see my grandkids running out to greet them when they arrive each Sunday...

I have learned so much through all of this. I've learned that God IS in control, no matter how hard I try to take the control from him. I've learned that you can just NEVER say NEVER!( I would've bet a million dollars that my parents getting baptized would never have happened) I've learned that God's timing is always perfect, even though we may not see it at the time.I've learned also, that no matter how long it takes, don't give up on the prayers you're saying-seriously folks, 30 years!!!

1 comment:

  1. amen!! what an exciting, blessed thing to see them week after week ~ and what an encouragement to ALL of us to keep on keeping on praying for the loved ones in our world who still need to meet Jesus. thanks (THANKS!) for posting, barb! :-)

    ReplyDelete