Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Fitting Tribute

Today was the day of my cousin Jolyn's memorial service. I had been dreading this day for the whole week. Turns out it was nothing to dread-it was beautiful.

The pastor did an amazing job in his message. What I liked most about what he said was that he didn't need to do a gospel presentation because if you knew Jolyn..well, you KNEW. That is how she lived her life..she had her priorities in the correct places and she lived her life to please God. I wish I had my life as together as she had hers. I'm working on it but sometimes it just doesn't seem to go as I wished it would...

Her sons, Justin and Drew, did the eulogy and were incredible. I know there wasn't a dry eye in the whole church by the time they were through. It was a wonderful tribute to a wonderful woman. Jolyn would've been so proud of both of them. She always was proud of them-no matter what they did. They have both turned into fine men of God.

It was comforting to talk to so many of her friends today and hear great stories about Jonie. The slide presentations they put together were wonderful and brought back so many memories. I especially enjoyed the one that was just all about Christmas-Jolyn and I both shared a love of the day our Saviour was born. I learned today too, that we share the same favorite flower-pink carnations...

I know that Jolyn loved the service today, she just had a different view...and oh by the way God, you better hope that there's chocolate in heaven...!!!

1 comment:

  1. your words make me wish i could have known her, barb. what a dear tribute to jonie. hugs to you as your heart says goodbye, my friend.

    ReplyDelete