Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Cousin Jolyn

My heart is very heavy this week. My beautiful cousin, Jolyn, was killed in a tragic motorcycle accident on Sunday. I have spent the week asking God why and trying to process and make sense of this...there are no answers. I do know that God is in control and he can somehow make something good out of this horrible situation. I also know that someday I will see Jolyn again and I take great comfort in that.

Jolyn was more than just my cousin-she was my friend. I loved every single minute that we ever spent together. She was a wonderful wife, mother, and grandmother who loved God with her whole heart. We always had such fun when we were together. We loved to go "country" shopping together..lunches..talking for hours...laughing together. I remember times we laughed so hard together that we got headaches...and then we laughed even harder! I will miss her infectious laugh.

She also loved to decorate her home like I do-well, actually, NOT like I do..she'd always give me a hard time about how much "stuff" I had. She was very talented in so many ways. I used to hate going out with her shopping because if I found something I wanted to buy, she'd say "you could make that Barbara Jane". So I'd leave without buying it and then I didn't MAKE it either!
She would see something in a store and then go home and do it herself-I loved that about her.

The world lost an amazing woman on Sunday and I lost my cousin and my friend. I love you Jolyn and I will miss you every day for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

  1. I too have such a great sense of loss. Losing my sister at this point in my life is extremely difficult. I just want to wake up from this horrible nigtmare. Barb, you and I must carry on without her, thats what she would want us to do. So our birthday get togethers and fall trips must remain and we can laugh and cry with our memories of all the wonderful times we had and hand in hand we will make it through. I love you! Pati

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pati, without a doubt our "days" will continue..they'll just look a little different that's all. You're just gonna need to start liking "country" that's all!!!!

    ReplyDelete